Tuesday, November 18, 2008

This Week's Mission

I know this probably should have gone up yesterday but I wanted set a few goals to get done by the end of the week, some bigger than others.

Last week I got a good deal of nervousness out of the way by getting a better start on the programming than I had originally anticipated. Honestly, and I risk cursing the whole thing now in saying this, but the programming side really hasn't appeared that bad. This week is heavier on the design end of things.

I'm shooting, no pun entended, to have the game backstory ironed out by Sunday night. Along with, vehicle designs for the player sub, at least one enemy, and any initial pickups designed. I'm also trying to get a game abstract put together for the base game mechanics and at least a roadmap to expanding things out once the foundation is laid.

All that makes for a pretty busy week given that I totally missed last night. But for the big "Bonus Points" I'd be thrilled to solve the mystery of the self moving player sub that refused to sit still at startup. A small victory would be solving the scaling issues with the screen backgrounds and getting some enemies swimming across the screen, even if they're not effected by anything.

No comments: