Sunday, August 1, 2010

Studio Express Update Day

Well, a little unexpected, but it looks like today is Visual Studio Express Upgrade day. In attempting to follow Nick G’s tutorial on using the timer and interpolator class I’ve suddenly come to discover that my version of Visual Studio Express (2008 version for the record), has rebeled and refuses to create a new project.

Cute.

I tried the ‘repair’ feature in Windows…and that hasn’t helped. Sooooo, I’m currently downloading and installing Visual Studio 2010 and crossing my fingers that there aren’t major upgrade difficulties with existing projects.

Don’t let the fact that I started “Deep Blue” with Visual Studio 2005 give the illusion that the dev time has taken longer than it actually has. Granted….it’s take much longer than I’d originally thought…but not 5 years.

No comments: